Do you want to create a welcoming and exciting home for your Thanksgiving holiday? If your answer is, yes, here's some tips to say "welcome" to your guests the minute they arrive at your front door!
1. Start with the exterior of your home with a simple wreath in the colors of autumn - gold, rust, green and brown. Add a colorful ribbon and attach other fall touches such as nuts, gourds, and raffia.
2. To perk up the area leading to your front door, place one or more gorgeous potted mums and pumpkins near your door. After the holiday, you can plant the flowers. They may pop up next year to provide you with flowers you can use inside.
3. Cover your front door with gift wrap in fall colors for Thanksgiving.
4. Add a "welcome to our home" sign or banner and attach your ribbons or raffia or fall leaves which you've gathered from your yard or garden.
5. Create a grouping of pumpkins, mums and vines for display on the porch or by the walkway to your front door. Be sure to adjust the vines to add height and movement - or add corn stalks or other dried leaves from your garden or flower beds. Make sure to hose off any bugs from your garden additions!
Check in next week for some ideas for decorating the interior of your home for Turkey Day!