It’s February already! And there will probably be at least one to two months more of winter. So, if you are trying to sell your house during the winter, it’s harder than other times of the year. Unfortunately, there are no blooming flowers, no green grass or trees, but lots of bare landscape and sometimes, lots of leftover leaves from fall! So, what should you do to make your house have more curb appeal?
Here are ten suggestions to help you showcase your house during these cold months:
1. Make sure that all the extra leaves and branches are raked up in the yard.
2. Trim back the dead plants and flowers that may still be looming in your flower beds.
3. Plant some winter flowers such as pansies and winter cabbage in large flower pots near your front door.
4. Place a pretty winter-themed wreath on your door for more color!
5. If you have snow, make sure that there is a clear path to your front door. Potential buyers don’t want to trudge through the snow to get to your house.
6. Clear off your front porch and driveway. It shows you care about the people who may come to visit, and maybe even buy your house!
7. Clean off your outdoor window sills to let in as much outside light as possible.
8. Ensure that the house numbers on your house and mailbox are clearly visible – so potential buyers can find your house easily!
9. Inside your house, make sure that all the lights are on and your shades, curtain or blinds are open to let the sun shine in!
10. Keep an outdoor mat on your front porch and an indoor rug by your front door so that potential buyers won’t be tracking in lots of snow, mud and whatever else lurks outside J
If you have any questions about some of my suggestions, please email me at AGoodeStartDeco@gmail.com. Thank you and, as always, Happy Decorating!!